August 7, 2009

The Stairs Are There...and the people are using them

It's catching on. I'm not the first person who has thought of it but I've been telling my co-workers how I walk the 16 flights of stairs to our floor every morning. And, most recently have been climbing to the top floor (23rd).

One came over to me the other day to tell me that she has been climbing the flights from floor 10 (where our lunchroom is) up to 16. She is out of breath from it but feels so much better. It was really fun to talk to her about it and I challenged her to add in a few more here and there and to take the plunge. I said one day you are going to walk through the front doors and decide today is the day and you will huff it up the 16. Or, just stop at 10 and take the elevator. We'll see what she does.

A couple of weeks ago, another co-worker came to me out of breath after a large meeting we had down on the 3rd floor. I took the elevator but she totally showed me up, she decided to just climb them all to 16:)

It's really fun to see people around you getting into it. To me it's just a part of my day but they are beginning to understand how nice it is that we have those to use whenever we want:) I use the stairs as a justification for more coffee (which I don't need). I walk up the 16 to my desk. Then a few minutes later walk down to 10, get my coffee then climb back up 6 to my floor. A few hours later I go back down and repeat. So, by the end of the day I've climbed at least 28 flights... sometimes more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails