May 5, 2009

Running (a fever)

Yet another exciting set back hit me over the weekend. I was cruising through the last few months watching everyone around me fall victim to a nasty sickness. Alas, my body finally gave in and said "let's get it over with"... it hit me pretty hard. Luckily, it seems, the last few years I've gotten a similar sickness I usually save up and then it hits me like a ton of bricks all at once, then I get over it and go on with life.

I'm thinking this is what happened this weekend. On Sunday I woke up and felt really cold. I kept feeling cold and watched my very pregnant wife open every window in the house because she was boiling. Hmmm? I decided after an hour of not warming up to take my temperature (because it's not every Spring day where you'll find me in a full sweat outfit with big wool socks on). I declothed and popped the thermometer in (my mouth) and got a reading of 102.1... ugh. What's worse is this thermometer has been consistently reading our normal temps under 98.6, so further deduction made me believe it would've actually been higher.

I hopped into bed in the fetal position and proceeded to be babied by my very pregnant wife, who is also sick (just not feverish). I felt like such a wuss... I suppose that's why women are the bearers of children not men! She left me in my fever-inflicted comatose state to head to the store so she could make me homemade chicken noodle soup (hell yeah). I was continually reminded to hydrate and was given proper dosages of Tylenol and theraflu throughout the day.

Sally helped pull me out of the sickness... and I love her for it! Today I'm feeling so much better even though I'm at work, but at least I can move on to feeling normal again. Hope you are all feeling well and have gotten over all the sicknesses for the season! They've been nasty!

4 comments:

  1. Wives are just brilliant! Especially those named Sally. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to lose a few pounds though !!!! Mom lost 5 with her sickness and has kept it off. I think I'll get sick for a month and I might reach my goal weight...????...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew - they are the best! Ha ha :)

    Dad - I wonder if getting sick isn't what makes you lose weight but not having a huge appetite for food that is not always the best for us? I think our bodies know what's good for us when they are trying to get better? Let me know how that works for ya!! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha - good of you to recognize this important fact, Andrew!!

    And Jeff, I will make you chicken soup anytime you need it:) Glad we knocked that fever out in less than a day!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails