June 2, 2009

A Whole Lotta Nothing

It's been a confusing last few weeks. I haven't done anything that is noteworthy but at the same time I've been doing a lot. I've been attending BBQ's and parties and have come away a little better off than a few weeks ago. I've continued the hundred push-ups challenge...now on week 6 and finished Day 1 last night...holy cow, that's a lot of push-ups.

I did a set of 40, a set of 50, a set of 25, another set of 25 and a max set of 50. Ugh. I did them all...it took me a little longer than they say to give yourself but I did them and that's HUGE and important in my book:) I have also continued the 200 sit-ups challenge... starting Week 3 tonight!

We went shopping last night and I found a mental hurdle I wasn't expecting. Before I lost all the weight it was all about finding shirts that fit in such a way that it didn't make me look fat. A horrible idea that never, ever works because when you are buying XL and XXL so that the shirt fits "loose" (read:baggy) then it's obvious you are hiding something, mainly rolls upon rolls...you get it. Anyways, last night while trying on size Large polos (the vintage style that runs small and more fitted) I all of the sudden felt self-conscious. I felt fat again. I looked in the mirror, nothing. I showed Sally and an old friend that still works at the store and they both said the Large is the right shirt and that it looked good fitted. Hmm. We (or rather THEY) decided that a Large Tall would work best for me. Since that size isn't carried in the store we walked away and it hit me. I was explaining to Sally how it's weird to see me fit into clothing this small and when it fits a little tighter I feel weird. She calmly explained to me that certain items of clothing should fit like that, such as the vintage style polo. The hardest part for me is accepting that maybe I do look good now, maybe I am this small. I know, I know...really "hard" problems I've got. I'm a smaller guy and after all those damn push-ups I'm actually able to wear some tighter clothing. I'm not talking about spandex tight, just fitted.

One last thing...the other night I went to a nice BBQ at my sister's. My older brother and his wife and 4 kids came down, too...I was playing with the kid's, throwing them around, lifting them up in the air, drawing with sidewalk chalk...I was pleasantly sore after that! Hmmm...there's got to be something out there that shows "workouts" you can get by playing with kids. I'll search around and let you know if I find anything!

4 comments:

  1. Once you get used to it, shopping will be so much more fun;) Good job!! :) Your Wife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh..wait till you get to about 200 pounds and then start to feel fat! I know exactly what you mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - Funny you should mention the exercises you can do with your kids (I am supposing as resistance.) So with Erik when he was smaller - squats an arm length out. With Elliott flying baby - leg lifts and air plane mode. LOL - they soon grow old and want to GO FAST. Now it's running as fast as you can up and down the hill on our street with Elliott screaming FAST - I WANT TO GO FAST in the red flyer wagon. The burn feels amazing. Steve and I take turns after dinner :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sal - getting more used to it everyday!

    Andrew - that's got to be a trip! hopefully I'll know that "pain" soon:)

    Nicole - I love it! I remember Steve always talking about how sore he got just playing with the kids:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails