July 8, 2009

Two Hundred Sit-Ups

I took a week off from work to welcome our baby (as you should know by now) and for the most part took a week off from everything including my pursuit of 200 sit ups, 100 push ups and seeing 210.

On Monday night, I decided to start week 5 over. I did my first 4 sets easily (32, 38, 32, 32) then I had to do a max set. The max set for this day is 48. I started cranking them out and got to 48 before I knew it. I was shocked to feel little in my abs so I kept going. As I reached 100 I was getting a bit tired but pushed on, concentrating on my form so I wouldn't hurt myself.

By 150, I was stunned... a week off and here I am 3/4 of the way through and feeling good. I got a second wind and it honestly felt like I was just starting the set. I recalled a piece of advice from the two-hundred sit-ups website that said to make sure to breathe out on every rep (on your way up). I got into a rhythm and reached 200. I would've kept going but stopped out of sheer excitement and disbelief that I have beaten the 200 sit-ups challenge on my 5th week.

Still not believing myself I went back to the website to make sure I did the sit-ups correctly. Well, as far as my form, I was spot on. There is one small discrepancy... it mentions pausing for a second or two when you get to the fully contracted position. Damn. I guess it's back to the drawing board.

Last night I did day 2 of week 5 and finished off my set with yet another 200 sit-ups. Now, I have to do this with the 1-2 second pause... I will do it!

I lifted this image from the website of a proper sit-up according to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails