April 3, 2009

Dream Run - #7 (Lake Bled, Slovenia)

Have you heard of it? Most people haven't and stare quizically at me when I say one of my favorite places I visited in Europe is Lake Bled, Slovenia. Favorite partly because of the beautiful lake with the path that circumnavigates the water's edge (often times over the water), favorite because of the view of the Alps rising above the cliff with the castle on it, favorite because of the church on the little island in the middle of the lake and also a favorite because the great people I met while I was there.

The route shown is an actual path that I walked with these new friends I had made. It was a snowy, messy, cold morning but we trudged through it all…and we were awestruck most of the way. When I think about my photography and places that stand out as possible turning points, Bled ALWAYS stands out. I only had a point and shoot with me but the images I was capturing still amaze me.
The path around Lake Bled was partly paved (think Greenlake) and partly raised, wooden pathways (like a dock) that curved with the lake's edge and at times was over the lake. It turns out, our leisurely stroll (to help the hangover) ended up being a 4 mile journey. Who would've thought!? And, like so many other places I've been, I've promised to return here as well:)



2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails