April 27, 2009

Feel Good Post-Prego Stuff

Shifting gears here for a little bit…talking about a sensitive issue here. As we get closer to the baby's due date, Sally and I have talked about our plans for our post-baby workouts. We have all sorts of walks planned which will be great for us and the little one to get outside but she is very interested in getting back to pre-baby weight as soon as possible. In addition to our planned outings, Sally has heard about and is planning on buying a post-pregnancy workout video. There are many of them out there but the one that keeps coming up in her searches is the Tracy Anderson Post-Pregnancy Workout DVD. The problem is it's so popular that it's nowhere to be found. Do a search on Tracy Anderson in Google and you are bound to see how she is the personal trainer for Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Yesterday we did a photo shoot of a friend, her husband and their 1 year old daughter. The day before she had done a 3.5 mile walk for the March of Dimes. I thought to myself, what a great way to get back out there…great exercise for a great cause! It also got me to thinking about an 8k coming up that's a really popular one for this area.

Beat the Bridge is an 8k which raises money for JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund). 2 mile's and 20 minutes after the last wave leaves the start area, the University Draw Bridge goes up…the idea is to "Beat the Bridge". I've volunteered a few times for this race and have participated in it twice. It is a blast. I'm looking at my schedule but would love to run it again:) They also have a 4 mile Family walk and a Diaper Derby.

It's great to know there are events like this to get us out of the house (with baby) and doing our part. I will be following up with more post-pregnancy ideas when I come across them!
Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. I heard Tracy Anderson is really good. I tried a few of her workouts and was sore for days. What I like about her vision is she's all about long and lean. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally is pretty stoked to get her butt kicked by her...it cracks me up how short she is, there is a picture I found on Google with her walking with Gwyneth...she looks so tiny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She really is in a class by herself as a fitness guru! Wish you great success with the transformation that occurs after having a baby. :D

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to just start walking again! It's hard to speed-walk when you're 8 months along;) If we can get a copy of Tracy Anderson's DVD, I'll definitely be trying it... I won't be rushing myself, though!! My focus will be on Baby, of course:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails