April 16, 2009

"Keepin' the Faith"

It's a saying that often adorns all email communication between Dennis and me. It's not really meant in a religious aspect but more for the actual word and meaning of faith itself. Of the many definitions of this word the one that best encompasses what is meant is: the obligation of loyalty or fidelity to a promise (person, engagement, etc...).

We go back and forth about our newest conquest, our newest personal record and pretty much anything that keeps us headed in the right direction. It's very evident that having support has played a HUGE role in my ability to stay the course, to keep my sites set on my goal and to keep pluggin' away!

My "faith" and obligation is only as strong as I want it to be. Fortunately, I have Dennis to keep me striving to outdo myself (or him) in various ways. He credits me for keeping him in line which is great because I have found (as most humans probably do) that it's easier to say, than do. I've done a lot of both. This blog has allowed me to "say" a lot and it in turn keeps me honest and I "do" a lot as well. That's how it works with Dennis and I.

Often times, the "faith" is my loyalty to Dennis, to Sally, my readers and to myself. I can't let them and I can't let myself down...gotta keep the faith. It will happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails