April 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad and Steve

It's been all about birthdays and BIRTH days lately!

Since my success has reached beyond the level of a freakish my family has been taking note. Maybe not taking notes, but definitely they have noticed and our motivation and enjoyment at becoming smaller versions of ourselves has grown by leaps and bounds.

My brother Steve and his family have changed up so much of the way the eat and think about food and exercise. Steve's birthday was on the 18th and one of the greatest presents that I think he got was a new wardrobe because he can fit back into the clothes that he wore when he just got married! (it wasn't too long ago so the looks aren't too out of style;). I'm just so stoked to see him melt before our eyes...both he and his wife Nicole have really turned the corner. Out of experience and seeing the change within myself I can recognize that what they are going through now will change their lives! They are doing so well!

Today IS my dad's birthday! One thing I feel my dad and I shared was the "Big Guy" mentality. Once I finally broke free of that identity I noticed a dramatic shift in my attitude. He is on the cusp...he has made some great strides and hearing him talk about it with such hope and actual belief that it will happen for him makes me so excited for it to start showing for him! I'm in a great mood right now (for various reasons) and I'm happy that my hardwork and my struggles have helped them see that they too can make changes for the better!

Happy Birthday Guys and well done!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Guys! Here's to a healthy and happy family! Shane & Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeff.....you are my inspiration.....it isn't easy keeping on track and I seem to fall of easily but when I think of what you have done to yourself it helps me alot. I brag about you to everyone and tell them of your blog. Keep up the good work and hopefully I will catch you by next January...!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will...it's totally possible... I'm stuck right now (still) trying to lose a few more. I'm going to take another approach here pretty quick...I'll post about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah we had our week of celebration during Bright Week and are now back in full force with healthy eating again. It was nice to be able to eat and cook with every option being available. Have to say - there are so many habits that will not come back - even if we had a weak moment. No soda - still holding strong. :D Have to set another goal on fatbet! Heart healthy challenge. Thanks for keeping us insipired and myself motivated.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha... glad I can be a part of your family's healthiness. It's really fun to see all of your progress!!! No Soda and less alcohol has been HUGE for me. Especially less alcohol, I haven't been a big soda drinker but now I barely have it and I DO NOT miss it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails