March 7, 2009

Long, Large and Slim (my dress shirt that is)

Last night we did something that I haven't done in about 15 pounds. We went "shopping". We didn't buy, but I tried on many, many things. Right now I go to work in the same clothes that I've had for the past few years and 65 pounds. I have a ton of nice shirts that work for the occasion but recently I've noticed how they are feeling more and more like sails rather than shirts.

As I sit here writing I can wear size Large dress shirts, the slim cut ones. I fit into size 36 pants and almost 34...I am actually a 35 if they made more of those.

Last night was the first time where I got to see myself in the mirror of a changing room (which by the way always adds what seems to be 10 pounds) and actually felt like I was looking at someone else. I didn't even notice the guy in front of me. Sally has been making comments here and there about how small I am now and how thin or emaciated I look. OK, maybe not emaciated, that is definitely an inside joke (especially funny since it took place 35 pounds and 3 years ago). 

I walked away without any bags in hand, no new clothes... but I left with a sense of pride that all my hard work and determination has finally made a difference. I love it! 

2 comments:

  1. I had exactly the same experience pretty much today. I went to buy a new suit as my 'new' suit is now too big. Losing weight is expensive on clothing!

    I looked into the mirror and I didn't really recognise the skinny guy looking back at me. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Jeff....I'm still hanging around the same as it seems hard to be so strict when you're traveling. I know....excuses. I'm trying and I will hit my goal come hell or high water but I will have to work twice as hard when I get home. Anyways...Congrats !!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails