February 2, 2009

Laird, Gabrielle and Surf Lessons

I've got this weird thing where I think I'm a surfer. Or, maybe it's that I want to be a surfer. Or, maybe it's more that I admire what they stand for?

Well, whatever it is it's weird that I've always had that feeling of attachment to the surf culture. What they wear, the music they make, their love of the earth, their laid back lifestyle…so many things. I've never surfed, ever, never even tried it. This is going somewhere…bear with me.

I came across an article about Laird Hamilton on MSN. It lists Laird's 10 rules on eating healthily as well as plugs his book "Forces of Nature". I found it very inspiring and in line with my beliefs…and then it dawned on me. Maybe I want to be like Laird, or at least aspire to have that surfer bod (as my wife calls it). Laird is married to Gabrielle Reece, a pro beach volleyball player. Which, coincidentally is my wife's fitness inspiration.

Kind of random but worth mentioning! Check out both of their bods (and an interesting swim suit) here.

A new goal: surf in Hawaii

3 comments:

  1. Surfing (or at least trying to) has always been a goal of mine, too... how about next February for my 30th birthday?? :)
    Sal

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't been surfing before, but did some body boarding in Hawaii - and let me tell you, holy arm workout!!! so much fun though! next step is definitely surfing for me too :)

    and wow... what a bathing suit! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Timmy made it up on his first try...I think that's awesome...I've been to Hawaii too many times to have not tried it! But I will:)

    Thanks for following along:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails