February 2, 2009

A Little Help from my Friends

Building a support system has been the key to much of my success. Sure, I can find the best workouts, add another mile, eat a little less but when you are just getting started nothing helps more than having someone to turn to for inspiration, for kind words and/or someone to keep you honest!

I have been very fortunate to have a wife and family that (of course) accept me for who I am or whatever I looked like. And, when I finally hit my breaking point, when I was wheezing to put a pair of shoes on or had to stretch my T-shirts before I put them on these people I had around me helped me more than I ever imagined.

With the help of a few goals (attainable yet lofty) I set out to transform myself. Sally was there to help me with anything she could and was absolutely the biggest support for me (on a daily basis). As time went on the occasional "wow, have you lost weight?!" helped but when I finally started feeling good inside everything changed. I had a tone of hope in my voice and a purpose in my stride. I seeked answers and tips, and I started asking the right questions to the right people. As time went on I found myself getting motivated to look different and weigh less everytime I saw my in-laws, my parents, siblings and even my co-workers.

This motivation has driven me far past the point of just losing a few pounds because Doc says so...this has helped me change my life. I'm indebted to all those who have helped me along the way and I'm trying to give back now. I'm giving all that I've learned and lending any support I can because I know how important it was to me! With that, my Dad is in the same boat I was in last year at this time...and HE IS MOTIVATED. I can't tell you how stoked I am to hear the same fire in his voice as I have in mine. I sent him a map of Chelan with a proposed loop that would make me even think twice. They conquered it and I want to share it with you!

Congrats Dad and Mom for demolishing this loop! Can't wait to walk it with you!

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2487041

2 comments:

  1. So cool! I can't wait for us to walk that loop at the cabin, too!! Good job, Honey!
    Sal:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that for me having my blog has been my major support network. It is so nice having people cheer me on and offer advice.

    In the real world my wife has been great too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails