February 6, 2009

(not) Blood, (maybe) Sweat and (or) Tears?

I Google'd it. Nothing. I found how to keep sweat out of the eyes but that's not what was going on. I also found information about "dry eyes" which is an ironic name btw but not what was really going on either. The best way to describe it is; I was sweating out my eyes or I was suffering from non-emotional crying in the left eye. Yeah, I know, weird.

When I got home yesterday I plotted out a jog that would change my course and give me a new long mileage to work on, 7.2 miles. I set out on my jog and my eyes were unusually blurry but I figured it was because it was starting to get dark and my eyes don't see well in that dusk light. By the time I got 2 miles into it I felt my left eye well up with "tears?" but I wasn't sad. Hmmm…I kept going. Then a tear or tear like fluid rolled all the way down my cheek…I couldn't keep my eye dry. This lasted the rest of my run.

I jogged right in to the office and tried to figure out what was wrong with me? The only thing I did differently today was drink a big glass of water before I left. Has anyone ever experienced this? I don't think it's possible to have eye sweat but that's the best way to describe it?!

I made it through my run pretty painlessly (other than the overproducing tear duct) which is exciting and I woke this morning with a new low of 217 on the scale.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff,
    That used to happen to me when I ran outside, but in my right eye. Also, it happened again a few years ago when I implemented a huge national account at work. I'm not sure if it's related to stress or the environment. Here is what I found on WebMD. I hope you feel better!
    http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/common-eye-problems

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gone jogging since and haven't been able to replicate this...must've been a freak thing. It was cold outside and I've been amidst much change, therefore some stress. I'm sure I'm fine! Thanks for the article:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails