February 13, 2009

Ode to Sigg

My brother-in-law, Jafar, sent me a text that made me laugh then got me to think. It was a small poem about his Sigg bottle that Sally and I got for him for Christmas. When we gave it to him we gave him the rundown on the benefits of having a reusable bottle (yada yada) and I told him how I find that I drink a lot more water because of it. Jafar and I talk a lot about our eating (or over-eating) habits and when he sent me this text it hit a chord because I have come to the realization lately how important it is to drink water all the time. I find that if I'm not at work, I don't drink nearly enough. I'm working on it, but without further ado…here is the text I received this morning:

"Take a swig out my sigg helps prevent me eatin like a pig! Ya dig!" ~Jafar

I was searching around for a scientific interpretation of Jafar's poem and found this strikingly similar message:

"If there is a slight dehydration the thirst mechanism may be mistaken for hunger and one may eat when the body is actually craving fluid."

Personally, I like Jafar's quote…It rhymes, it's to the point and it's backed by science!

Here's a picture of Jafar and his wife, Hailey, during a photo shoot we did of them awhile back. This was before he had his new Sigg...just think of how much higher he may have jumped!




Just a reminder...I'm still hoping more of you will share songs that you like when you work out. I'm thinking of compiling them all onto my iPod and taking them out for a jog...just enter them in the comments field of the last post!!



One last thing, DRINK MORE WATER!

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha!! I love the poem:) Jafar should do advertising for Sigg!!
    -Sal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! That made me thirsty! I read this post immediately after ordering a new top for my Sigg bottle. Weird coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ode/Poem was awesome! On another note I love listening to double beats when I am running - Cold War Kids have a few songs... along with Interpol and some others. I am not the music afficinado in the house - I leave that to Steve. He loaded my new phone with a whole slew of amazing music that I can listen when I am running. 70 songs to be exact. Now if I can just get the jog stroller of my dreams... then we will be on a roll.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails