January 14, 2009

Building in my workouts

I figured out a way to build in a workout that I could easily follow every single day I worked. I work on the 16th floor of a building downtown on 7th between Olive and Stewart streets. Stairs!

I don’t know why I started it but last year some time I was on the 10th floor getting my coffee (they have a cafĂ© on 10) and I was waiting for the elevator to come and I thought, eh, why not, give it a try. 6 floors later I was huffin’ and puffin’. After a few weeks of doing that I would show up to work and ride the elevator to 10 then climb the remaining set of 6. The beauty of this was it was always there and only my laziness made it not a viable option.

Skip forward to today...I get in around 7am and start my day by climbing 16 flights. I get my coffee and climb 6 more. On days where I want to mix it up, I will climb all the way to the top of the building, yeah, that’s 23 flights. Below is a picture of my building.

What I learned from this was the huge benefit of using your everyday situations to your advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails