January 26, 2009

Building in my Workouts

Here are 10 Things I do to take advantage of otherwise boring activities

1. When I need an elevator; I take the stairs (At work I climb 16 flights in 3 minutes.)
2. When I'm brushing my teeth; I do walking lunges or wall sits until my heart is racing or my legs give out
3. When I'm watching TV; I do a set of push-ups during the commercial break (max 4 sets, I'm still working on it!)
4. When I'm waiting for wife to come to bed; I do another set or 3 of push-ups or crunches and get all sweaty right before I hop in bed. Sal loves that.
5. When I'm walking around work; I walk with my abs flexed…builds core stability
6. When I'm carrying groceries; I do curls or hold my arms so they are parallel to the ground
7. When I'm putting on socks; I stand and bend at the waist pulling them on. (amazing core workout if done properly)
8. When I'm about to walk upstairs (at home); I do a set of incline push-ups
9. When I've turned on the TV and there isn't anything on for 8 - 9 minutes; no joke, I do a set of 8-minute abs (an oldie but a goody)
10. When I take the bus; I get off a few stops early and speed walk into work. It's actually comparable to walking normal speed from a closer stop. I've timed and tested it many times!

I'm always searching for new things I can do at the same time as a normal, everyday activities. 

If you have any to share please leave it in the comment field, I'd love to learn some more tricks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails