January 25, 2009

Dream Run - #4 (Dubrovnik, Croatia)

Admittedly this run is actually a walk that I did when I visited Dubrovnik back in 2003. I was curious to see how far I had gone because it felt like miles and miles. I suppose it was not knowing where I was going that made it feel long. Ends up this long walk was only 3.7 miles but the views on the way were so amazing that I would do it all over again!

It starts in the old town (like so many of my DR's do:)...then I climb up some steep, way too narrow stairs to the wall that encloses the old town. For a nominal fee you can walk around the top of it and see all of Dubrovnik from an unbeatable vantage point! I highly recommend visiting this "Jewel of the Adriatic"...I'm sure you all remember the wars that went on in this region...Bosnia-Herzegovina, the Serbs, Montenegrians, the Yugoslav Army and the like (early 1990's)? Well, mortars were basically lobbed down onto this town shelling out a large part of it. Now, after rebuilding you can see a stark contrast from the new and old. I'm attaching some pictures from that trip:)


2 comments:

  1. That might be the most beautiful shade of blue I have ever seen. I can't believe you got to walk along there. Just shows how smart you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I walked around the wall and snapped tons of pictures (including this one) I came back to my room and looked through them to be mortified. It was a sunny day and I put on sunscreen, well, I also applied it to the front of the lens on accident:( See the annoying smudge? I was so upset I went back the next day and took all the same pictures...unfortunately that day was cloudy! So I have beautiful, smudged pics! But yes, the water was incredible there, absolutely incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails