January 30, 2009

Dream Run - #5 (Dublin, Ireland)

My next Dream Run is also one I've been on but have promised to do again! I will get back to more of places I haven't been but at the moment I'm enjoying going back to the places I've already visited! I'm speaking for "we" not just "me" in this post specifically because I have promised my Father-in-law that we'd go:)

Starting at the hostel I stayed at (which I'd never go back to) we head out to a park. We quickly leave and head up a pedestrian friendly area then head out to the first main thoroughfare we can find. Our sights are set for my first major point of reference. After awhile on this road we head toward the River Liffey just to change it up…Eventually the magic happens. We have arrived at the Guinness Storehouse, the brewery! After the tour they treat you to a free pint of Guinness at the top of their building in a circular bar called the Sky Bar. Gorgeous!

Reluctantly we leave Guinness but am happily reminded of our next stop. The Jameson Distillery for another tour and a taste! Ahh…the smooth, triple distilled Irish Whiskey! You can't beat it! The rest of the trip is just a wandering back to where we are staying. On the way we walk through the Temple Bar, a cobble-stoned cultural center…it's very cool and there are lots of bars but we are beat from a long walk and a few binges so we head back and take a nap.

Go to Dublin. Drink Guinness and try Jameson's. Life is Good!

Click on this link to see the interactive map: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2526435


1 comment:

  1. Jeff, so glad you stopped by my blog. Thanks for the comment. :)
    Love this dream run -- would definitely love to jog a circuit involving a brewery and a distillery. Sounds perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails