January 28, 2009

Side Effects May Include...

A few things have been changing other than just the number on the scale, here are a few others...

I'm a lot colder…I have to wear a sherpa-lined hoodie just to stay warm, at work!

I finally get the whole "metabolism" thing…I don't know how to explain it, it's just very noticeable. I feel like my body is always running and burning, not sluggish like I used to feel.

A new wardrobe from stuff I previously "grew" out of…which now I've almost grown out of, too. *hint to anyone that knows me personally, my birthday is in June:)

Jogging is easier…at least physically! Mentally I still find it very challenging but now I when I go jogging I don't have that unsightly 60 pound fat sack strapped to me. My joints are never sore after a jog either!

I have a jawline…a visible one. I was going to attach a picture of Gaston but I realize the resemblance isn't at all accurate. I don't have a pony-tail nor do I have black hair;) OK, here's one

I'm more motivated in other areas of my life…I'm really focused on this weight loss and fitness thing but it has energized me in other areas such as writing and photography

I appear taller…according to Sally, but I suppose that makes sense!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff,

    About running, that was hard for me too. One thing I did on the treadmill was take water breaks every ten minutes. For example, if I was running for 40 minutes, every ten minutes I would stop and walk while I took a drink of water. That way, it doesn't really feel like 40 minutes, you look forward to the break and you keep pushing on.

    I loved seeing me face thin out, that was my favorite part. Losing the weight made my facial features more defined.

    Great work, Jeff!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying various ways of jogging, too. Like, yesterday for example. I jogged slower without stopping for 5 miles. That was a killer, I think it was harder than my other way which is running hard and taking a slow break here and there.

    Regardless, the payoff is SOOOOO worth it. It's amazing to see the change in my face and, well, everywhere:) Please share any other ideas you have...I'll write about them:)

    Thanks for following along!
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to all of those.

    My biggest plus is that I can physically do whatever I want. Before I used to avoid physical activity and now I embrace it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails