January 21, 2009

Size 34, Really?

A few weeks ago I tried on a pair of size 34" waist pants. I was surprised that they'd even go on my legs and even more surprised to find out that I could button them. I looked like a sausage and took them off quick! 

Last night we were out shopping around and we popped into Nordstrom Rack to look at some stuff. I meandered back to the men's area and started rifling through the size 36 jeans, grabbed a few pair then went to the 34's...just to humor myself. I held up a pair that looked so incredibly tiny that I thought only a child or a very small man could fit into. I took those with me.

I tried them all on and each one of them I was able to button up. In fact, one pair I considered but on closer inspection it had a very illogical placement of one of the rivets. It was placed in the middle front which instantly made me feel like less of a man. Hard to explain until you see it. 

Regardless, I was stoked. Just 1 year ago almost to the day I was wearing size 40" pants. The 36" I tried on last night were big, it's crazy. Some people live by the pants not the scale and after tonight I can see why. One side effect of losing so much weight is that it can be expensive trying to replenish items like jeans when they only fit for a month...my 36's that I bought just a few months ago look big on me these days. It'll be nice to get to where I'm trying to be and settle into a few more options!!! Getting closer:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails