January 15, 2009

My 5-mile Route

I used to live on 82nd St between 3rd and 6th Avenue about 6 years ago. When I lived there I ran this same route except it was stopped short because I lived on 82nd.

We now live on 103rd so this new, improved run has a built in 40 extra blocks. City running isn't nearly as scary as you'd think. Sally is always making sure I'm being as safe as possible. Honestly though, I feel safer on a sidewalk near a busy street than I ever felt when I jogged in the suburbs. Go figure?!

Anyways, here's where I'll be between 4:30 and 5:30 today if you're looking for me;)



2 comments:

  1. two running links...one i have done....and one i just routed. I notice your are much longer runs on average, but these quickies might be helpful once the baby arrives...
    The interurban trail is the route i have run and was hard to accurately map, instead of going north on North Park Ave, you will actually be on the paved interurban trail that heads out from 110th.

    Interurban Trail:
    http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2904835

    West and South Route-can take this general direction all the way to blue-ridge and golden gardens.......
    http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2904847

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like those...can't wait to try a new area! I have a similar one that Sally and I used to walk often that involves that huge-ass hill by QFC...I'm not sure if I posted it or not...when I find it I'll show ya. It's kind of a figure-8 but it's really nice, not too many cars!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails